Skip to main content

Match Of The Day 2: Alex Riley vs Lord Tensai (WWE, 2012)

Pretty boy Alex Riley gets crushed by Lord Tensai.
 

Alex is in trouble from the beginning. A big turnbuckle whip hurts Alex's back.
 
 
A series of headbutts in the corner left Alex dazed. Tensai followed up with a delayed double underhook suplex.



 Tensai crushed Alex with a big back splash.

Tensai cornered Alex again and nailed him with stiff elbow smashes.


A power bomb variation spells the end for Alex. The referee stops the match and declares Tensai the winner. I don't see why they couldn't just have Tensai win definitively.

Tensai attacks Riley after the bell with a clawhold. Tensai should've watched some of the Von Erich's matches, they applied the clawhold properly.

 
Tensai tried his best, but the fans weren't buying his outdated gimmick. I also think he could've been packaged a little better and the match layout was a bit strange. Personally, I would've ended with the suplex followed by the claw which leads to a pin.

Comments

  1. I always loved that claw/pin finish from Tensai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a good finish too. Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

      Delete
  2. Nice write up - I like reading your analysis and reactions. This is definitely an interesting match, worthy of much blogging. In fact I wrote a review on my blog at http://www.wrestlingarsenal.net/wordpress/?p=22130 and the He Is Out! blog also posted some amazing GIFs at http://sexilybeatenwrestler.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-66.html. So yeah, it caught the attention of several of us wrestling bloggers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links! I really like how you covered the match. You articulated the details much better than I could. I encourage anyone who liked this match to check the links out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Screencap Recap #95

Studs in Socks #14: Thirst Traps

Josh Steel scissors Luke Harrison (Rock Hard Wrestling)

Ethan Andrews bearhugs Blake Starr (88Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)

Reno Gold - How I Stretch: Part 1*

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

CAP chokes out Cason (Thunders Arena)