Skip to main content

Christmas Reflections and Wishes (December 25, 2019)*

Hello to all my blog viewers, I wish you all a safe and happy Christmas. As a long term single man, I know how lonely holidays can be. I hope everyone has something they can take comfort in, especially those who feel isolated.

There's s few things I wish for from underground and pro wrestling.

To BG East, I wish for HD videos and photos on the Arena. I also wish for downloadable matches.

 
Austin Cooper vs Cap Landon & Zip Zarella, a standard definition video released in 2018.

 
Other sites have doing this for over 10 years now, hopefully they can catch up to their competitors in 2020.

To all underground companies, I'd like to see less matches centered around one move, like sleeper matches or bear hugs or low blows. Unless the wrestlers are very green and can only do a few moves, I don't see a good reason to limit the action.

To All Elite Wrestling, I wish for a shake up of the roster and creative process.

AEW started with a lot of buzz but it seems like that's cooling off. They promised to be an alternative to the WWE but it seems they're more like WWE lite right now.

The Inner Circle beat down Orange Cassidy & The Best Friends
 
The AEW roster is stacked with cruiserweights who have car crash matches every week. It's fine in small doses, but to me it doesn't work for a full show.

_________________________________________________________________________________
 
Epilogue, December 23, 2020. Here we are a year later and nothing's changed. BG East is still in standard definition and AEW has brought in some big names and done little with them. That said, the world has been put on hold with COVID-19 and that's the only thing I wish would go away in 2021.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tristan Mounts & Cody Blayde vs Johnny Greco (Weekend Wrestling)

An Interview with Cameron (Wrestler4Hire) - Part 1

Detective Boy vs Blue Titan: Hero Hunks (Wrestler4Hire)

Mars vs Drew Harper (Wrestler4Hire)

Derek Bolt corners Dax Carter (Muscle Boy Wrestling)

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

Ethan Andrews bearhugs Blake Starr (88Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)