Skip to main content

The 650th Post: "A Thousand Miles From Nowhere" + Epilogue

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere

Music and Lyrics by Dwight Yoakam

I'm a thousand miles from nowhere

Derek Bolt vs Dax Carter (MBW)

Time don't matter to me

MuscleBeast vs Aaron Mark (Wrestlingmale)

'Cause I'm a thousand miles from nowhere
And there's no place I wanna be

Blake Starr vs Ethan Andrews (88W)

I've got heartaches in my pocket

Nick Archer vs Christian Mann (BG East)
 

I've got echos in my head

Dashing Dustin vs Brute Baynard (W4H)
 

And all that I keep hearing
Are the cruel cruel things that you said

Josh Steel vs Jason Kane (RHW)
 

I've got bruises on my memory

Axel vs Quinn Harper: Ball Bust (UCW)

 I've got tear stains in my hands

RedJay's Demise (Hard Heroes)
 

And in the mirror there's a vision
Of what used to be a man


Patrick Donovan vs Vinny Trevino (BG East)

I'm a thousand miles from nowhere
Time don't matter to me
'Cause I'm a thousand miles from nowhere
And there's no place I wanna be

Kasee vs Cason: RW 70 (Thunders)

Epilolgue

What was I trying to say here? Often I feel disconnected from real life. There's not a pinprick of love or tenderness in my life. Even though I live in a city (yes, there are cities in Australia), I might as well be a thousand miles from nowhere.

Most of the time I feel like I'm just existing. The only time I feel alive is when I'm in this fantasy world of wrestling and hot guys. Obviously this isn't a great way to live, but I keep going the best I can.

If you're curious about the song please check it out here. I understand that people might be reluctant to check out my music channel but it's something I'm passionate about and have put a lot of effort into. If I thought it wasn't worth pushing, I wouldn't push it. Believe me.

Comments

  1. Take heart, W.R., and hang on if you can (both here on the web and in the real world). You're not alone in those feelings, not by a long shot. I'm not going to blow smoke up your butt and say things will get better, but try to honorably take from life what pleasure you can for as long as you can.

    Always preferred the scene where Superman saves Lois from the falling helicopter, myself, but your remix of the flying sequence sounds quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I don't have much positive influences in my life. It's very easy for me to get caught up feeling sorry for myself.
      Thank you for the feedback on The Flying Sequence too. A lot of people focus on Star Wars but for my taste, Superman is John Williams' best work.

      Delete
    2. The Cowboys, W.R., The Cowboys. It was nominated for the American Film Institute's 100 Years of Film Scores list in 2005, and has become an orchestral standard, in part thanks to Williams' long stint as the conductor of the Boston Pops Orchestra. Heck of a good movie, too, featuring one of John Wayne's five or 10 best performances. And there's a certain square-jawed teen actor in the film who I've had a crush on for forty+ years.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jEf6HMxm74

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCwq5PTtRI (with analysis)

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4u4X_mRtw (expanded for the soundtrack)

      Peace, and be well.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the links. I particularly liked the expanded version. We have our own tastes but I'm sure we can agree that John Williams is a legend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tristan Mounts & Cody Blayde vs Johnny Greco (Weekend Wrestling)

An Interview with Cameron (Wrestler4Hire) - Part 1

Detective Boy vs Blue Titan: Hero Hunks (Wrestler4Hire)

Derek Bolt corners Dax Carter (Muscle Boy Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

Mars vs Drew Harper (Wrestler4Hire)

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

Bulldog Barzini bearhugs Denny Cartier - AI Enhanced

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)