Skip to main content

Screencap Recap #7 (Revised + Was It All a Work?)



Lazlo Kohl vs Biff Farrell (BG East)



Pinned! Earl vs Cody (Untamed Creations)



Rex Bedford vs Jett Bentley (88 Wrestling)




Jonathan with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911) 



Was it all a work?

CM Punk - "I haven't spoken (about Colt Cabana) in, I don't know how long, so I'm a little pissed off..."

Did CM Punk premeditate his comments towards Colt Cabana, The Elite and Adam Page? According to this report, CM Punk had been planning his rant for weeks. 

I suspect it was a worked-shoot, similar to MJF's promo on Tony Khan back in June. Perhaps certain people had an idea of what Punk was going to say, but didn't realize he would go so far. Unfortunately, CM Punk tore his left triceps at AEW All Out, so it's unlikely Punk will be able to wrestle until mid-2023.

Nonetheless, kudos to CM Punk for cutting the most provocative promo in years, in my opinion. If you haven't seen my coverage of CM Punk's media scrum, please check it out. I think it's among my best work.

Of course, my song of the week is Cult of Personality, performed live by Living Colour on the Howard Stern Show.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tristan Mounts & Cody Blayde vs Johnny Greco (Weekend Wrestling)

An Interview with Cameron (Wrestler4Hire) - Part 1

Ethan Andrews bearhugs Blake Starr (88Wrestling)

Mars vs Drew Harper (Wrestler4Hire)

Detective Boy vs Blue Titan: Hero Hunks (Wrestler4Hire)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

Derek Bolt corners Dax Carter (Muscle Boy Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)