Skip to main content

An Interview with Red Redemption (UKWH) - Part 2

In Part 1, Red Redemption spoke about his origin as a pro and underground wrestling fan and his emergence at the UK Wrestling Hub. We pick up from here.

_____________

You had a falling out with T- World, which led to 4 matches (singles and multi-man). How did it feel winning the UKWH Championship from him? 

HE STARTED IT!! It felt so so good, so validating. I'd always dreamed of holding a championship, and you never forget your first. I feel like T-World's personal Karma. He got away with so much for so long, until he met me.

Red clearly enjoys punishing T-World. - Match #38

Do you consider T-World your biggest rival at UKWH? Do you want another shot at him now that he's champion again? 

Absolutely. He always brings out a different side to me. I feel like our chemistry in the ring just flows so well. Hopefully he's a nicer champion on his second go, and cleans the belt this time around.


Red wants another title shot.

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical when you turned heel, but you pulled it off with style. Was there a particular opponent you liked dominating? 

Ahahahahaha, I loved it! I am a bit of a show off anyways, so it worked. I felt like the Regina George* of UKWH. Always good to keep the character fresh. Roberto was fun to squash, Leon Cyrus was great too!

*Regina George was the main "mean girl" in the movie and play Mean Girls.


Red vs Roberto - Match #96: Lumberjack Match

Do you have a favourite wrestling move? I've watched several of your matches but it doesn't seem like you have a set finisher. 

Sleepers and Camel Clutches are my favourites, but find they are common, so try and roll out the Spladles, different leg locks, try and stand out. Trying to use a Koji Clutch as a finisher, but also a Snap DDT. I'd love to Moonsault one day.

Red figure-4's Luna - Match #104

If you could wrestle anyone, who would it be in the pro and underground scenes?
Pro - Randy Orton. He's been around a while and he just gets 'it' Tyler Bate too, I'd love to face him. I have a long way to go haha!
Underground - Ethan Andrews, Aryx Quinn, Christian Taylor, Kip Sorrel, Richie Douglas, Kirk Donohue - I could go on. Oh, and Drake Marcos, my #1 fan!

I think Red and Ethan Andrews would match up very well.


Is there a match that you're proud of? What match would you recommend to someone who has not seen you wrestle before? 
The title win for sure. There's a match just recently out; T-World and Roberto vs myself as champ, that was a LOT of fun. and my championship loss vs Nero was a big highlight. 

What makes the UK Wrestling Hub stand out compared to the other underground wrestling companies?
Oh wow. I think the diversity, whilst not as great as we want it to be, definitely a big highlight. We have skinny, muscle, beef, different nationalities, ages, it makes me proud. I like the relationship between us all. We have fun, but we know what we need to do to make good product for people. We give each other tips constantly, and our group chat is hilarious!

Red vs JC Extreme - Match #33

What are your goals as a wrestler? Would you like to travel to face new challenges?
I want to find a decent tag partner. T-World, Tommy, Leon - all useless. I want to be the first to hold the Grand Championship and Tag Titles! I'd love to work for BGEast one day, that's always been a dream of mine. Who knows! For now, I'll continue honing my craft and see what the future brings!

Red looks to hold championship gold again.


Thank you Red, for your time. All the best to you going forward.
No, thank you! It was fun to explain my story, and I love your blog, so it's nice to pay something back to you! :)
Red

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studs in Socks #14: Thirst Traps

Screencap Recap #95

Josh Steel scissors Luke Harrison (Rock Hard Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

Ethan Andrews bearhugs Blake Starr (88Wrestling)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

Reno Gold - How I Stretch: Part 1*

Garrett with Dr. Smith part 2 (Film 911, 2016)