Skip to main content

An Interview with Red Redemption (UKWH) - Part 1

 

Red Redemption as UKWH Grand Champion - Match #104

Hi, Red. I hope you are well. Hello!!

Let's go back to the very beginning. How did you get into pro wrestling? Who were your favourites when you were becoming a fan? I was bought up on it, was born about 5 weeks before the Undertaker's debut, so it was always on. I had a goldfish called Ultimate Warrior and a hamster called the Big Boss Man.
My favourites were Lita and the Hardy Boyz. Lita is probably my biggest inspiration.

Team Xtreme - The Hardy Boyz & Lita

When did you realize that you were turned on by pro wrestling? Was there a particular match or moment that stands out? I know that I liked the guys, but took me a while to realise why. I always resonated with the female superstars, always wanted to watch them more than the others as I enjoyed watching them try and be equal. 
Turn-on, probably Randy Orton, and then I found the internet, PWP was my first, then BGEast.

Randy Orton, circa 2003 

Are you a fan of the indy wrestling scene in the UK? If so, who are your favourites?
Yes and no. I've always been so wrapped up in WWE, that I've not watched so much. Been to a few live shows. Favourites are probably Zack Sabre JR, Tyler Bate, Kenny Williams.

How did you discover underground wrestling? Do you remember the first video you watched?
I think I just googled. The first was PWP, think it was Brandon or Joey maybe that first caught my interest, then found the Bearhugger site, which lead me to the BGEasts, the UCW's, Can-AM.

Kid Brandon from PWP

As a fan of underground wrestling, who were the wrestlers or matches that inspired you? Alexi Adamov vs Brad Rochelle springs to mind immediately. That really strirred something inside me. Christian Taylor, Aryx Quinn, Kid Leopard, Patrick Donovan. Loved seeing the pretty boys destroyed, wanted to be in their shoes, as well as the heels'.

Alexi Adamov vs Jaxx O'Doul (BG East)

When did you start wrestling? Did you have friends you would wrestle when you were young or did you become active as an adult? Back in school, I wasn't popular until they found out that I loved wrestling. We tried it ourselves out on the fields, and I actually broke my wrist getting speared! Had not tried it for years after, but still retained deep knowledge and love for the sport.

What gear do you like to wrestle in? Do you have a favourite look? Personally, I thought you looked good in the blue and red singlet vs. JC Extreme. I absolutely love singlets! My preferred gear, but I find most viewers prefer the speedos. I still have that singlet, but accidentally ironed a hole in the butt. Hopefully I can get another! That was my first match!

Red vs JC Extreme - Match #33

How did you end up joining the UK Wrestling Hub? I think I was liking things on twitter or insta, can't remember who messaged first, but its went very quickly. my first night was vs JC Extreme and vs Ollie Watts (which the footage sadly was lost)

You had a rough time in your early matches (vs JC Extreme and the Bearly Brothers). What made you come back for more? Revenge on T-World mostly. But also the adrenaline from actually doing it, proving to people that someone my size can still win, and be good. Also, the roster, just all round great guys. The Bearly Brothers are so funny, you'll probably see me laughing through our matches! JC and EC - absolute stars.



Comments

  1. The last photo is from UKWH match #36, Red & T-World vs the Bearlys. In Part 2, Red speaks about his rivalry with T-World, his evolution as a heel and his goals in wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with red has been and always is an absolute pleasure. Every match is a joy. Great guy. He has lots of matches ahead of him. If I win them or him has yet to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work getting an interview with RR - that was a nice surprise. I am a big T-World fan so I always enjoy it when Red takes him to task, dominates him, defeats him for his belt, etc. Can't wait to read Part 2 on the subject of T-World -- hopefully it gets really snarky and bullying against my favorite UKWH hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Regarding Part 2, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

      Delete
  4. Awesome interview! I love RR’s dark personality. I have a special appreciation for a fierce, scrappy skinny guy who goes to town on jocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Red really personifies a "fiery redhead."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Screencap Recap #95

Studs in Socks #14: Thirst Traps

Josh Steel scissors Luke Harrison (Rock Hard Wrestling)

Ethan Andrews bearhugs Blake Starr (88Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

Reno Gold - How I Stretch: Part 1*

CAP chokes out Cason (Thunders Arena)