Skip to main content

An Interview with T-World - Part 1

It's my honour and privilege to interview the current reigning UK Wrestling Hub Grand Champion, T-World (aka Tim World). 


Hi Tim, I hope you're well.

Thanks for the opportunity. It's an honour to be interviewed about something I enjoy so much.

It's become customary for me to ask, how did you become a pro wrestling fan and who were your favourites growing up?

I'm definitely a kid of the 90s and 00s. Wcw WWF (yes I'm that old) and the growth of the smaller (now bigger) organisations like RoH. It became a tradition with family to watch most weekends. Like most, I was a fan of Austin, The Rock, Mankind, Undertaker and impressive skills like Mysterio and showing height didn't mean you can't defeat giants. Specific favourites though, I honestly did not have. It was the stories and fun that the characters bought to the ring that I loved. All I need to hear is that voice of Vince "it was me Austin. It was me all along" and I'm transported back. The rise of Brock Lesnar, Cena, Orton...the list goes on and all memorable.


Did you have friends or relatives you wrestled when you were young?

I'd wrestle with sibling a lot. I was the smallest, so often was used for practice but it just ended with me being resilient and determined. School was more strength tests and ab testing that I really remember. Boys being boys and usually ended with me winning. Even back then I was champion material though a bit chunkier.

Are you a fan of the UK wrestling scene? If so, who do you like?

My first taste of the UK wrestling scene was the old world of sport style at a small local arena. It seemed a very different beast. It's been cool watching British wrestling evolve and finding it own unique style that sets it apart from its USA rivals and not be dated anymore. I've seen a lot of talent. Some with amazing physiques, character, and performances...but to name any specific would only inflate their egos. They all want the champ's praise. 


T-World vs Tommy Gunn - UKWH #183

When did you realise you were turned on by wrestling?

Oh now we're getting into the naughty questions. Honestly was from a pretty young age. I mean two often barely dressed men throwing each other about. What's not to like? Hahaha. It definitely caused a bit of confusion. But I think (like some unsure/closeted gay guys) it the unsure thought of "do I 'like' them?" or "do I admire them?" It was seeing jobber squash matches that finally solved the matter for me. It was the clear power dynamic of watching beasts break athletic lads that definitely got me excited and the wrestling underground began to call. 

T-World vs AJ Nasty - UKWH #69

How did you discover underground wrestling? Who were your favourites in the early days?

I think the underground discovered me. I had met a few guys in a quest to explore and give different things a go. Bit of muscle worship here, some gut punching and that kind of thing through chatrooms and sites like meetfighters. I had found the U.S sites like Bgeast and similar. I came across a lot of lads I loved to watch. Some I have even had the pleasure of being in the ring with, like Kayden Keller. But also loved matches with the once smaller pretty jobber boy Ash Deleon. He has now definitely added some heel worthy muscle to them bones, maybe one day I can test how worthy. I'm sure I can get him to tap....into those jobber boy roots of his. But it was a reach out to be invited to do a custom match with Fightfinders against a certain tag team (that now run an amazingly successful wrestling channel with me as champ no less) that made me realise it even existed in the UK and not just in London.


The Bearly Bros vs T-World & Red Redemption - UKWH #36

Have you ever been tempted to become a pro wrestler or were you more drawn to the underground scene?

Honestly the temptation to go pro has been there the last few years. The skill and dedication needed is something I'd love to pursue further. Other commitments like being an online personal fitness coach and having a full time job has meant I've had to make some choices that a pro career is tough to fit in. On top of that, a lot of the underground guys I've met are such a laugh, such fun and genuinely some deserve the pro career more than I.

This is a question I haven't asked anyone yet, if you were to become a pro wrestler, what would you choose as entrance music?

If I did make the leap into pro I think my character would not change too much from the Tim World you all worship and adore: Confident, cocky and charismatic.... oh and devilishly handsome *wink wink*. Why change perfection!? But the entrance music has to reflect that and that's a lot to live up to. Believer by Imagine Dragons, there is a metal version of Applause by Gaga I heard that rules or maybe even some Queen champions or rock you...can't beat the classics. 

--------

This is the end of Part 1. In Part 2, I ask T-World about some of his opponents at the UK Wrestling Hub.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studs in Socks #14: Thirst Traps

Screencap Recap #95

Josh Steel scissors Luke Harrison (Rock Hard Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

Ethan Andrews bearhugs Blake Starr (88Wrestling)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

Reno Gold - How I Stretch: Part 1*

Garrett with Dr. Smith part 2 (Film 911, 2016)