Skip to main content

An Interview with Robert Foley - Part 2

In Part 1, I asked Robert about his background and how he became an underground wrestling fan. Now I turn my attention to Robert's blogs, custom matches and other related topics.

----------

Your blog only features BG East matches, is there a reason for that?

Yes, several reasons! Not only do they have such an enormous back catalog to dive into, they also have so many photos for each match. To be able to tell a story with each match, like I do, it helps to have many photos. I don't know any other wrestling site that offers that. But, above all, after all this time, BGEast still have such excellent wrestlers on their roster and the wrestling is done so well. Competition is tougher than ever, and I definitely enjoy many of the other websites available, but I think overall, BGEast remains at the top of my list.

Demolition 21 - Dylon Roberts sleepers Kayden Keller

You've commissioned a series of custom videos with Wrestlingmale. You must be pleased with the results, given you've done several of them.

I definitely have been! Etienne has been so excited with each of my suggestions. He genuinely seems into what I'm into. He is also very honest about what is achievable and I could tell he tried his hardest to make the matches exactly how I wanted them each time.

What makes Wrestlingmale stand out compared to other underground wrestling companies?

I like how Wrestlingmale has embraced several kinks in their catalog. Which also means that many of the matches that have appeared are definitely not my cup of tea, but then some really are. They are more out there, but it also sets them apart.


Paris Deal 9: Part 2 - Etienne vs Stefan (Commissioned by Robert Foley)


I know you're a fan of Film 911. Some people dismiss their videos as being distasteful, how would you respond to that?

I have never heard that. So the question surprises me. Film911 caters to an enormous variety of kinks, so I wonder what it would apply to. Purely guessing as to why people would say that, I would probably respond by saying, it's roleplay. I do hope that I speak for many others when I say, Film911, as well as wrestling, is only fun and sexy because all the people involved are consenting to it. People getting attacked against their will is not sexy. The same goes for Film911 scenes. I know I would not find any of the Film911 videos sexy if they weren't staged. There's many kinks out there I do not understand, but as long as nobody gets hurt, I would refrain from judging those who enjoy them.

Ethan Wants To See The Light - Film 911

Which Film 911 actors would you most like to see wrestling?

Ethan would make for an excellent sleepy musclejobber. Beau and Chuck are some of my other favorites. Mike*, more widely known as Mark Summers, would be awesome too. More recently I enjoyed Joseph and Langley*.

*Mike and Langley have actually wrestled at Thunders Arena.

Kasee & Scrappy vs Nipple Boy (Mike at Film 911) NHB 150 - Thunders Arena

Iceman18 vs Bronze Bullet (Langley at Film 911) CVS 146 - Thunders Arena

How engaged are you in modern pro wrestling? Do you have any current favorites?

I am not very engaged. I know most of what I know from the He Is Out! blog, as well as some other blogs or what might pass by on my Instagram algorithm. I did take an early interest in Maxwell Jacob Friedman, his round derriere, and his arrogance before getting his gorgeous ass kicked. But with him winning more, I have lost interest. In the same way I have taken note of Ricochet and Cash Wheeler, but I don't follow them very closely.
To me, especially now with so much and such varied content at my fingertips, mainstream pro wrestling can be a bit dull when compared to underground wrestling. I'm way more invested as I feel like it's made for my eyes. So often when I see mainstream pro content on blogs I skip it. He Is Out is just very close to my kink so I enjoy those posts more.

Wardlow vs MJF - AEW Double or Nothing 2022

As an experienced consumer of underground wrestling videos, do you have any pet peeves or turn offs regarding underground wrestling?

When the selling is off or when something is obviously fake. Or when the edit isn't right, like you just hear someone off-camera go "Cut!" before it jumps to the next frame. A bad KO sell is obviously the most annoying to me.

Besides your custom videos, what would you consider your favorite underground wrestling videos?

This is such a difficult question to answer without just making it into a 200-title list. I obviously like knockouts. Drake Marcos has done a few great matches with tons of KOs on BGEast, as well as Kayden Keller vs Leon Cyrus. I really enjoy Toney Rico's stuff too, he tends to go to sleep at least once per match! UCW and W4H have some excellent sleeper and knockout matches as well, and they are easily found on their websites. It seems to have been a while ago that there was one on Wrestlingmale, maybe I should request another one!
Thunders Arena also regularly has knockout matches, but the wrestlers who sell it well are few and far between. Shout outs though to Blayne and Reggie (Monstah Mike elsewhere), as well as Chris Rockway when he lost to Silas. I'm keeping an eye out for Brando who can't seem to stay awake in his recent matches. Though the lack of diversity in guys as well as matches sometimes causes me to stay away, there are a few good ones in there.

Drake Marcos vs Goldshaft - Masked Mayhem 13

Of all the underground wrestlers, who do you think sells being weak and vulnerable the best?

Wade Cutler is a king in this respect. Tony Cosenti and Danny Wiseman back in the day. More recently, I enjoy Johnny Greco's selling a lot. Kirk Donahue goes above and beyond, but it works for me. Zach Reno can get very helpless in some matches and he sells it really well.

Zach Reno vs Flash LaCash - Ringwars 25

Who would be your fantasy wrestling opponents?

Someone sexy who knows how to lose. Calvin Haynes (Stefan on Wrestlingmale), Darius, Drake Marcos, Freddy Campbell, Mitch Colby. I would like to have a go at Max Ryder's booty as well. I do wonder what happened to Vic Ferri, who got knocked out six times by Jonny Firestorm in a three-way match and I haven't seen again. If your readers know more, please leave a comment!

You also have a blog with your erotic stories. (robertfoleyserotica.blogspot.com) Is there a certain story you would recommend to hook new readers?

Considering your audience, it's probably this one that centers around a Kirk Donahue fantasy: https://robertfoleyserotica.blogspot.com/p/kirk-prologue.html I also have wrestling stories about Calvin Haynes and Christopher Bruce, but this one centers around the underground wrestling community, I hope you and your readers will enjoy it!

Kirk Donahue vs Guido Genatto - Demolition 18

Do you have any shout-outs or parting words for the readers? 

Just thanks for all your views, comments and sexy talks I've had with all of you! If you are reading about me for the first time and you are into knockouts, find my blog and/or my Instagram and enjoy!

Thank you Robert. Best wishes to you and your blogs.
Thank you for your interest and having me on your blog!


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for participating. I'm happy to to know a bit more about you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Studs in Socks #14: Thirst Traps

Screencap Recap #95

Josh Steel scissors Luke Harrison (Rock Hard Wrestling)

Logan + Jonathan with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2018)

Ethan Andrews bearhugs Blake Starr (88Wrestling)

Aaron with Dr. Smith part 1 (Film 911, 2021)

James with Dr. Smith (Film 911, 2017)

Reno Gold - How I Stretch: Part 1*

Jonathan Hypno (Film 911, 2016)

Garrett with Dr. Smith part 2 (Film 911, 2016)